The Boston Lawyers Group Diversity Job Fair for Law Students of Color takes place in Boston every year. The Job Fair provides participating member organizations with the opportunity to select and interview applicants from a nationwide pool of qualified students of color. It is our biggest event of the year designed to place 2L students in Summer Associate positions. Furthermore, law students selected for interviews are invited to a networking reception the day before to meet with fellow law students of color, hiring partners, interviewing attorneys, and legal recruiting managers.
Annual Diversity Job Fair for Students of Color
Wednesday, January 6, 2021
Virtual Job Fair
9:00 a.m. – 5:00 p.m.
October 24, 2020 Students Invited to Register via Symplicity
November 20, 2020 Students’ Registration ends at 12:00 p.m.
December 23, 2020 Students’ schedules posted on Symplicity
December 24, 2020 Non-selected students are notified via email
January 4, 2021 Pre-Job Fair Virtual Reception (selected students only)
January 6, 2021 Annual Virtual Diversity Job Fair
Job Fair Eligibility
- Eligible students are limited to second-year (2L) law students of color in a 3-year program and third-year (3L) law students of color in a 4-year program*. Graduates and LLM candidates are not eligible. Please note, employers are interviewing students solely for 2021 Summer Associate positions. Students who qualify for the job fair will be entering their last year of law school after the Summer of 2021.
- Student registration opens on Friday, October 23, 2020, and ends at 12:00 p.m. on November 20, 2020.
- A completed application includes filling in your academic profile, uploading your resume, and submitting your first-year law school transcripts. Please make sure to upload them to the correct sections within the document section of the site. Nothing more needs to be done.
- If the BLG does not receive all required registration materials by noon on November 20, 2020, your account will be deleted from the BLG’s Symplicity database, and you will not have an opportunity to participate in the BLG Job Fair or Pre-Job Fair reception.
- As a reminder, the BLG Diversity Job Fair is a unique program in which students do not bid on employers. Once all your documents have been uploaded, your application is complete.
How To Register
Every student must create a new Symplicity account.
- A completed application includes creating and filling in your academic profile, uploading your resume, and submitting your first-year law school transcripts. Please make sure to upload them to the correct sections within the document section of the site. Nothing more needs to be done.
- Click “Documents” on the left-hand side of your account page.
- Upload your resume and unofficial law school transcript by selecting the correct options on the page.
You do not need to submit a writing sample on Symplicity. Those selected for interviews may provide writing samples on the day of the job fair.
Click to log in to Symplicity
ANNUAL DIVERSITY JOB FAIR BROCHURE